Passport Acceptance Facility

U.S. Passport Application Acceptance Facility

by appointment only

The Clerk of Council office is an authorized U.S. Department of State Passport Application Acceptance Facility. All passport forms (DS-11: Application for U.S. Passport (first time); DS-82: U.S. Passport Renewal Application, etc) are available at the office during regular office hours (7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.). Forms can be downloaded from the U.S. Department of State website.

NOTICE: Passport Operations in Response to COVID-19

First Time Applicants

First time passport applicants must submit their application in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility The Clerk of Council Office processes first time applications by appointment only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between the hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 330-633-0856 during regular office hours to obtain an appointment.

Documentation to Bring

Please bring the following minimum required documentation when you bring in your passport application:
  • Passport photos
  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (certified Department of Health birth certificate, naturalization papers or other proof of citizenship)
  • Identification (usually Drivers License or State ID)
  • Completed application (print legibly in black ink or type);
  • U.S. Department of State passport fee (check or money order only-no cash-payable to: Department of State);
  • Passport Acceptance Agency processing fee (separate check or money order payable to: City of Tallmadge, credit or debit card, or cash are accepted).

Children Passports

All applicants must be present when applying for a passport, including children. Both parents must be present when applying for children under the age of 16, or fill out the "Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a US. Passport To A Minor Under the Age of 16 inches form that can be picked up at our office or downloaded from the U.S. Department of State website. Additional documents may be required depending on an individual applicant's circumstances. Please see the U.S. Department of State website for more specific instructions.

Land & Sea Phase

On June 1, 2009, the US. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. Most U.S. citizens entering the sea or land ports of entry will be required to have a passport book or passport card. Please refer to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative also available at the U.S. Department of State website.