Planning and Zoning Department
Outdoor Drop Box
Starting July 1, 2020, Tallmadge City Hall will allow public entry without an appointment during the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday. Entrance to the building will be through the Main Entrance via a Reception Area. Entrance is limited and you may be asked to wait outside until the next person is done. In order for us to best serve you, we recommend you call the office directly at 330-633-0090 or email email@example.com with your questions, requests or to make an appointment.
For all permitting, you may mail/email/drop-off the completed forms.
Payments can be made by mail or with credit card.
The Planning & Zoning Department processes zoning certificates for residential and commercial properties including the following:
- Commercial Zoning Certificate
- Residential Zoning Certificate
- Accessory Use Permit (Shed, Fence, Deck)
- Sign Permit
- Use and Compliance Certificate
- Demolition Certificate
- Street Opening/Right of Way Permit
- Contractor Registration for those working in the Right of Way
- Water Permit
- Sewer Permit
Boards and Commission Processes
The Planning & Zoning Department also coordinates Boards and Commission processes including the following:
- Amendments to the zoning map
- Appearance standards in the Design Control Overlay District (DCOD)
- Conditional zoning
- Major subdivision plans
- Minor lot splits and other zoning requests
- Zoning appeals