What are the requirements for temporary pools, and do I need a Zoning Certificate?

Portable or temporary pools with a maximum width of 12 feet and which is less than 100 square feet in area shall only be permitted in the residential zoning districts and shall comply with all other requirements for private swimming pools in Section 1104.08 U of the Zoning Code.

Zoning Certificate is required for any pool with a depth of 24" or above.

These Zoning Certificates are only required one time as long as the pool and the fence go in the same location every year and all regulations are followed.

All pools, no matter the size, must abide by the setbacks of the property.

These requirements may appear to be extreme when installing a temporary pool, but HUNDREDS of needless deaths occur each year from swimming pool accidents.

Show All Answers

1. When is a zoning certificate required for a project?
2. When do you need a building permit?
3. What it the size limit for building a detached garage or storage barn?
4. If I build a shed not exceeding 200 square feet, does it require a zoning certificate?
5. How long does it take to get a Zoning Certificate?
6. What are the requirements for temporary pools, and do I need a Zoning Certificate?
7. Who is responsible for locating my property lines?
8. How do I find out what my property is zoned?
9. What do I need to do for a business if I'm looking to occupy a new space?
10. Do I need a sign permit to replace the sign face at my business?
11. Do I need a zoning permit to install solar panels on my property?
12. Can I make an anonymous zoning complaint?
13. My neighbor and I are having a dispute regarding the boundary line of our properties. Can the Zoning Office help me?
14. My neighbor’s tree hangs over the fence into my rear yard. I am afraid that a tree limb will fall into my yard and cause damage. Can the Zoning Office help me?
15. Does Tallmadge require a pre-sale home inspection?